I am feeling like a champion right now. We did a grocery trip tonight and let me say it was quite successful! By checking the Maceys (where we get our groceries) flier in advance I was able to make a list of the foods that I like that are on sell and thus plan on what to get in advance and how much it would cost. Here is what I got:
-4 cans of tuna $2.36
-toilet paper $3.79
-2 boxes of pasta $1.76
-whole wheat bread $1.99
-2 cans peaches $1.76
-2 cans pears $1.76
-2 cans pineapple $1.38
-2 cans chicken breasts $3.00
-cheese $4.69
-4 apples $1.00
-4 bananas $1.00
-bag of mini carrots $1.59
-2 cucumbers $1.00
To the extent of my knowledge, I think those are all pretty good deals! All that food I bought will last me a long time! I won't have to do any major shopping for a while. I am quite excited about it! I am glad that my Mom could teach me the value of planning ahead and always checking what is on sale. Good budgeting skills are essential for me both as a college student and as a wife and mother. I am glad that I am taking the time to learn them now.
No comments:
Post a Comment