Friday, 19 October 2012

This is Life and I Love it!

Update: 

Last Sunday Kiki made us Thanksgiving dinner since it was Canadian Thanksgiving the week before. That Kiki really likes to cook is no understatement. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, funeral potatoes, buns, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate cream pie, and banana cream pie. It was all really good. Kiki cooked and I cleaned as she went. It was a lot of fun and I am glad she could do it for us. 


I got to open up another present from my 24 hour emergency homesick kit! It really made me smile! 


We had two of these at home and they are a lot of fun. It is solar powered, so you place it in your window and when it is sunny the leaves move. It is amazing how fast they can get going by only a little sunlight. 

I know I have mentioned this a million times before but here it comes one more time. . . I HAVE THE BEST MOM EVER! Check out what she sent me for Halloween! 


This was on the top of the box and underneath was multiple of Halloween plastic baggies with a type of candy in them and a Halloween label. I posted just a few of them below. It was so fun! It was really neat to see how fitting some of them were! Examples: 
Rotten witches teeth--corn nuts 
Goblin Teeth--marshmallows
Witch warts--chocolate chips 
Broom sticks--cracker sticks 
Goblin Teeth--candy corn 
These are just a few examples of the many she sent me. My favorite one was Monster scabs--shreddies! That don't have shreddies in the US? Who would have thought? 




My Mom also sent Halloween socks for all of my roommates. They were pretty excited about them! She also sent Halloween decorations that I put up in the kitchen. My Mom is sure creative. I am so grateful for the special things she has done for me! 


This morning there was a knock at our door and when I answered no one was there but this little gem. Can I just say that Saydi and I have the best hometeachers ever! Not only did they make us muffins, but every sunday Talon finds us and asks how our week went and if we are doing ok. They are so thoughtful. I am so grateful to have good hometeachers! I know I can go to them if I ever need anything. 

As I mentioned last time this week has been a stressful one. I managed to finally finish my psychology paper after much stress, countless rewrites and a few tears. When I met with the TA she told me that it was the best paper she has seen yet and would like to keep a copy as an A paper! That comment made all of the rewrites and tears worth it! My 2nd Nephi test went well I think. I don't know the grade yet but I answered all of the questions fairly easily and am confident in my answers. I took the chemistry test today and dun dun dun I got 100%!!! I am so happy! I walked out of the testing center with the biggest grin on my face! This weekend I am studying for my Anatomy quiz and Psychology test and will take those on monday and wednesday of next week. After these two tests I should have a little bit of a break before they all start up again. Things don't seem to ever slow down though as my 10 page research paper is now in full swing. I haven't quite narrowed the topic yet but I am kind of excited about it. I think I will learn a lot from it. School has been going really well. I really enjoy all of my classes and the stuff I am learning. I recognize the eternal significance of it all and that makes it even more exciting! I particularly really love my anatomy class/lab. The human body is amazing! Today in lab we learned about the heart and it is all so fascinating! There is not one day when I  leave lecture or lab that I don't have a stronger conviction to exercise and eat healthy because I need to respect and protect my body. 

I have such a greater appreciation for my high school teachers! Right now, particularly Mr. Janisko and Mr. Quinton. In chemistry we are focusing on basic introductory material. All of which I learned in high school. Mr. Quinton gave me such a solid foundation! It amazes me how much I know and remember. Because of this, I am able to help out many of the students who are struggling and give them ways to remember things. Wednesday night I was studying with some friends for my chemistry test; however, most of the night it was me teaching them how I remember things and going over complicated concepts. I couldn't help but smile to myself as everything I taught them Mr. Quinton taught me. The same goes for Mr. Janisko for my anatomy class. In lecture I feel like I know so much more than everyone else about basic stuff. I am able to again help people I study with to learn and remember the concepts. What I think I am getting at is that education in Canada, especially in Alberta, is on such a higher level and standard than the US. Don't get me wrong people are really smart here, but I feel like my high school experience academic wise was more significant then theres. The material and everything goes so much more in depth. I am so glad that I went to school where I did. 

Tonight all of us minus Kiki went out to dinner at The Pizza Cafe. It was really good. I am glad that we could all do it together. I love my roommates! They are all such amazing girls and I am learning so much from them. 

I love God and know that his hand is definitely in my life each day. I am learning to recognize his presence more and more in both little and big things. 

There isn't anything much prettier than BYU campus in the Fall! It is gorgeous! With the mountains and all of the trees and the leaves. . . and the weather is still fairly hot though it is cold in the mornings and night. I love walking around campus and to and from my house because it is just so beautiful! I don't really know how to describe it other than it is beautiful and I love it! 

I am so glad that I can be attending BYU. It is an amazing place and I love it!  







No comments:

Post a Comment