The spirit of Halloween has reached Glenwood! Lexy found this mummy door idea on Pinterest and we decided it needed to be done. I did the first layer of streamers and Lexy and Saydi did the second layer. It turned out really good and we are all quite proud of it. It is fun to walk down the hall and see people's doors all decorated. It is kind of weird though because at home we decorate for Thanksgiving and then Halloween while here it is the opposite.
Saydi's family came down this weekend. My Mom sent a package for me with them. I was so thrilled to get it! I love getting stuff from home. Not only did she send me the things I requested, but many other special things! I was thrilled to get homemade cookies and muffins as well as other food. It brought needed joy to my day! I am so grateful for my Mom! I love her so much and am so grateful for all that she does for me.
I got to go to Conference!!!! I was pretty bummed that I couldn't go but then my friend Ashea had an extra ticket and invited me to go with her! It was an amazing experience, one I will never forget. The morning started out early--5:30. We just barely made it to the bus by 7:10 to ride to Sandy where there we boarded the trax to Salt Lake City. We went to the Saturday morning session. I loved every minute of it! I feel so blessed to be there when President Monson made the big announcement. Young men can now serve missions at age 18 and young women at age 19! Isn't that crazy? The last days are here and the Lord's work is steadily moving forward. I can't believe that I could start mission papers right now! It is mind boggling. Many people have asked me if I will go and the truth is that I have no idea. I hadn't really thought much about a mission but now I can't help but consider it. I know it would greatly bless my life and my families; however, I just don't know if now is the right time. I am going to take sometime to seriously ponder and pray about it.
The group of us. Left to right. Ashea Hanna, Jeremy, Tyson, Phenix, and me.
I am so glad that I could spend the day with them!
The Salt Lake temple. BEAUTIFUL! It is crazy to think that the apostles and first presidency meet there weekly!
Today I watched conference from the comfort of my apartment in my PJs. It was glorious. I watched conference, skyped my parents and Katelyn, napped, am now blogging, and plan to go to a game night with my ward, and then I have a meeting at 8. O ya and I made some good food! The above was my lunch. It was yummy! The applesauce looking stuff is humus. It was my first attempt making it and it turned out really good. It is just chickpeas blended with minced garlic, lemon juice, and a little oil. It was good to dip my vegetables in as well as my tortilla. I have been lucky so far to be eating really well while at school. My breakfasts are usually oatmeal or cream of wheat that Saydi and I make together, lunches are usually sandwich, vegetables, and yogurt, and supper I eat with my roommates. It works out really well.
I have been reading a lot about dark chocolate and all of the health benefits associated with it. I decided to try it out. I melted some dark chocolate chips and dipped banana slices in it then let it freeze for an hour then ate it while I watched conference. It was good.
And now a few words concerning conference. I love conference! I feel very uplifted with a better understanding of what God wants me to do. I love hearing all of the talks particularly apostles. They never cease to amaze me. I know they are all called of God with messages from God. The main message that kept repeating throughout conference for me was to listen to the spirit, don't delay its prompting and immediately act on them even when I am scared or it isn't convient. Another message that I felt was consistently echoed was that of serving others. I know that if I apply what I have learned in conference I will become more like Christ. I know he loves me; I know he has a plan for me. I pray I can be better.


No comments:
Post a Comment