Thursday, 11 October 2012

Good Day

I finally made it to the Temple today. I have been wanting to go since I got here. I kept putting it off and putting it off claiming I had to much homework. It is a really busy Temple and most days it takes at least 2 hours to get through. When you are in college two hours is huge, that doesn't even include walking there and back. The best time to go is right when it opens--5:30 am. This week I finally made it a priority. I didn't have class until noon today, so it was the perfect day. I went to bed earlier than usual got up at 5:00 and made it to the Temple at 5:40. It is only a 15 to 20 minute walk so it isn't to bad.


I am so glad that I went! It felt so good to just sit and think. I felt Heavenly Father's love for me as well as confirmation to some questions I have been pondering. I know God has a mission for me to accomplish in this life and that I need to work hard each day to learn more about what God wants me to do and then work towards doing it. I am so glad that I could make the choice to go to the Temple this morning. It made the rest of my day so much better. I was happier, more focused, and consequently, noticed God's hand in my life in countless ways. I hope that I can make the Temple a priority. I hope I can go weekly. I know that by regularly attending the Temple my life will change for the better. 

A constant theme of the university devotionals lately is gratitude. Multiple speakers have encouraged a gratitude journal and focusing on the question "Have I seen God's hand in my life today?" I have really tried to do this daily and I have noticed an immense difference! One big thing I have noticed is that God puts people in my life everyday who help me to grow and learn that I wouldn't have done otherwise. One such example really struck me today. There is this girl in my anatomy class (a class of 250) and I always seem be in the same place as her. We go to the same open labs, review sessions, everything. At first she REALLY annoyed me. She is very vocal and smart; moreover, I found her very intimidating. However lately at open labs we have studied together and my opinion of her has totally changed. She has helped me to realize just how much I know and understand the concepts; we work very well together. I don't quite no how to explain it, but I know that God put her in my life because she was the only one who could teach me something about myself that I needed to know.  God truly is in my life each and everyday. As I take time to notice his hand in my life it helps me to realize the growth that is taking place, as well as weak areas that need strengthening or strong areas that I can share. Simply, I feel myself coming closer to Christ. 


1 comment:

  1. beautiful post from a beautiful girl. You are a strength to others.

    ReplyDelete