Wednesday, 5 August 2015

School...Summer...Fun

I can't believe that I only have 1.5 weeks left of school! The semester has gone by so fast. Here is a little picture update.


Kayla Barber (one of my roommates) and Tylie Polatis and I ran the "Temple to Temple" 5k on pioneer day July 24, 2015. It is a run from the Provo Temple to the Provo City Center Temple. They said an opening prayer before the race started and the person said, "Please help us all to have a good time." He meant that we would all have a fun but I took it as that we all would have a good running "time". haha it kept me laughing. 



I am talking Microbiology and it is very fast paced since it is summer semester. These beautiful girls and I study together regularly to keep on top of everything. Left to Right: Ashley, Suzie, and Sarah. Sarah is a twin as well! I am so grateful for all these girls. 


There is so much hiking to do up Provo Canyon and I have had the opportunity to do a few. It is nice toe get away from campus and be outside. It makes me feel more at home here. Ashea Hanna and I did Stewart Falls a few weeks ago. She loved it because she is from Kansas which is FLAT. The mountains and the view just amazed her. It is fun being back with good friends that I made Freshman year. Ashea emailed me my entire mission and I am so grateful to her for that. 


Grandpa Hartley's sister, Doreen and her husband Mazer live in Orem. They are so good to me and feed me Sunday dinner ever few weeks. It feels so good to have family so close. Being with them helps me feel more connected to home. Well Uncle Mazer turned 90! They had an open house for him at there house that I went to and helped with the refreshments and got to visit with family that I haven't seen in a LONG time. In fact, I don't know most of them very well... second cousins, third cousins. etc. 


Uncle Clinton and Uncle Gene. Classy guys right here. Uncle Clinton sure liked to joke. Actually, they both do! Uncle Clinton may have done it in a jokingly manner, but he gave me a lot of really good advice. He told me to never underestimate what I can do. I can do anything if I put my mind to it. He shared multiple stories to illustrate the principle. It made me very grateful for these wise, experienced, mentors in my life. Uncle Gene laughingly told me to take a BYU dance class because that is where he met Lola. hahaha 


The Birthday Man Uncle Mazer and me. He held up like a champion. He is usually pretty hunched over but he stood up straight the whole time and didn't stay in his chair to much. 


More Cousins that I haven't seen in awhile. Martha Oakerland and her daughter Olivia. 
 

Classy guys dress alike. I am so grateful for the strong heritage I have. These men and woman love the Lord and have served him all the days of there lives. I am so grateful for their incredible examples.


I went to a Lady Antebellum concert with Crishelle Steglemeier, her sister Chelsey, and Tylie. It was SOOOOO fun!!! Sam Hunt and Hunter Hayes performed as well. I loved singing along with the songs and dancing with good friends. 




One thing I love about living in Provo is being so close to missionaries I served with. Alyssa Smith got married a few weeks ago and it was like a mini mission reunion at her reception. Elizabeth Olvera from Miami even came! It was great to unite with her and Sister Montoya 


Left to Right 
Me, Sister Suyheen Montoya, Sister Lindsey Bird, Sister Sam Gordon, Sister Kelli Dougal, Sister Crishelle Stegelmeier, and Sister Hannah Dunford


Wouldn't be summer if we didn't hike the Y! I love spending time with Burgandy Nerenberg.



Shelby (one of my roommates) and her boyfriend Taylor got engaged this past week!! We are all so excited for them. 



And that is what I have been up to lately! 









No comments:

Post a Comment