Monday, 20 July 2015

God's Ever Present Hand in my RM Life

It has been exactly 2 transfers since I have been home. I thought that mission time went fast but since being home I am learning that time flies here as well. It is all relative I guess. It has been a while and I am not really sure where to start... So I will just dive right into it. The main thing that I wanted to touch on is God's ever present hand in my RM life. I will share experiences to illustrate this point.

1. Even before I was home, I had plans to return to work at Atkins until I left for the summer semester at BYU. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, for Kris had had something come up where she didn't need me at that time. I was a bit frustrated by it because who would want to hire me for six short weeks? I spent my first weeks home helping Dad with various jobs on the ranch and babysitting for Jenni-Rae Bevans. However, most of my time was spent at home. Katelyn showed me on Facebook of a lady who was looking for a babysitter while she worked as a nurse. It wasn't steady work but it was something. I was able to babysit for her multiple times and I just fell in love with the 2 little boys and girl. I got to know the mother really well in addition. It definitely was the Lord's hand, but the miracle didn't end there. 2 weeks before I left to school Carey Quinton called and asked if I wanted to work for him before I left to school. They were short staffed for the next 2 weeks and really needed someone who could learn quick and be effective but only be there for a short time. Of course I took it. I was able to work with Katrina one of my good friends and we had a great 2 weeks together. God's hand is ever present.


Working with Katrina at Pharmasave. I love the button on my apron. It says, "I'm new and improving."


2. The lady I babysat for had a friend that lived in Provo and she sent me with some stuff to give to her when I got here. I met up with the friend and we had a brief conversation and I gave her the possessions and that was it. I honestly never thought I would here from her again. Remarkably, she Facebooked me the next day explaining that she worked for BYU and wanted to hire me for a position starting in the Fall. Tracy (the lady I babysat for) had spoken so highly of me and that from meeting me she could see that I was just what she wanted to hire and offered me the job right on the spot. After hearing the expectations, I accepted the job! Can you not just see God's hand in that, for he prepared everything perfectly. If I had gone back to work at Atkins I never would have babysat for Tracy, I never would have met her friend, and I would not have the job that I do now. God's hand is ever present.

3. I had just gotten back from visiting some friends when I got out of my car I noticed a man across the parking lot going into one of the apartment buildings. I thought to myself, "Wow that sure looks like Elder Passey?" No it couldn't possibly be?... I kept walking, but couldn't help but wonder if it really was him. I texted him and asked if he lived at The Elms because I thought I saw him and guess what.. .HE DOES! I went over and we caught up. I haven't seen him since February when he went home from the mission. He is one my most favorite Elders. I look to him and respect him so much. I trust him a lot as well. He texted me later that night and said, "Remember that if you ever need anything you have a brother that lives right across the parking lot." Having him live so close to me brings such peace and comfort. God's hand is ever present.

I know that I am in the right place at the right time. It has been hard though. Loneliness, homesickness, and inadequacy are all real emotions that I have experienced in varying degrees since being home and more specifically returning back to school. On my mission though I saw the power of overcoming each of these things through relying on my Savior and his atonement and it is the same now. I don't mind these feelings because they push me to grow and be better. Though they are normal feelings it is not the emotions that I strive to experience regularly. Happiness, peace, joy, and love are all fruits of the spirit that I enjoy on a daily basis through obedience and they outweigh all the other negative emotions. I need not fear, for God's hand is ever present.



Katelyn and I all ready to brave Cardston YSA


My super inspired roommate Allie. We are so much alike it is crazy... she uses vaseline to take her makeup off, she is so ticklish she can barely hug people, she is a nutrition major, she gets up early, goes to bed early, and eats just like I do... #soulsister



Remember this beautiful girl? Lexy was my roommate freshman year and she just returned home from her mission not to long ago and got married. This was at her bridal shower. 


Fun weekend with Tylie at Island Park.  

First day of school!! Pretty excited. #jordanbackpackliveson


Cafe Rio with Tylie! It was so good to see her again!


Lexy's Wedding. Brigitte another roommate from freshman year was there...she is got married and had a baby in the 18 months I was gone. 


Beautiful Bride 


Reunited with Crishelle Stegelmeier my mission trainer. 


This beautiful RM is an amazing friend. We caught up after going to at Temple session together. 


BYU FHE's.... classic. 


I still get caught in rainstorms with no umbrella. #nothing'schanged


"Kayla what should we do tonight?"
"Let's dye my hair!"
So we did. 


Catching up with some FFLM alumni. Lance Elliott, Ben Passey, and Kaytie Nimer 

No comments:

Post a Comment