To make a long story short. . . My mom entered my Dad in a radio contest to win a variety of prizes and he won! Among those prizes was tickets to the Beach Boys who were performing at the upcoming stampede! Dad, mom, Katelyn, and I were all able to go as my dad won 4 tickets. We figured we might as well go to the stampede as well. Katelyn and I were both able to get work off spend all day at the stampede. We left home at 7:30 am and returned home around 2:00 am. Needless to say, it was a long day filled with lots of activities.
We parked the car and took the Calgary Tram to the Stampede grounds. It felt like we were in Europe again!
The Stampede was celebrating 100 years.
We watched this group do a trampoline show while we waited for the rodeo to start. It was insane all of the things that they could do! They jumped in and out of those windows as well as did several tricks through them. It was very entertaining.
Finally made it to the Rodeo! My first time to the Stampede!!! It was a lot of fun, and not to mention stifling hot! I think I re-sunscreened my self every two hours. But I didn't burn!
This guy was really good! He did steer wrestling I think??? Not sure though. Anyways the person who wins the round of each event gets to do a "Victory Ride". This guy won his round and is doing is "Victory Ride". It was really fun to see all of winning contestants do this ritual.
Me, Mom, and Dad waiting for the rodeo to start.
This Lemonade was so So SO good! Because it was really hot we were all very thirsty and they were selling real freshly made lemonade. It was quite expensive but so worth it!
Next on the Agenda . . . Beach Boys Concert! We were quite high up but it was still joyous and entertaining.
I stole this picture from the internet. They are definitely old! Ha ha this pic makes them look young compared to how they are now! Anyways, although they are old, they still sound amazing!!! Katelyn and I knew about half of the songs which made it fun. Mom and Dad knew them all of course. Wouldn't it be nice, Good vibrations, KoKomo, God made the radio, and Help me Rhonda were among the ones that Katelyn and I knew and enjoyed the most.
The entire day at the rodeo was not only a really fun experience, but also very eye opening as well. Their was a fair share of immodesty, rude language, and not to mention an immense amount of drinking going on especially beer. At the concert almost everyone that I saw was drinking beer and if not already, near drunk. It made me realize what a minority we really are as members of the church and sin and evidence of Satan are everywhere! Cardston is a different place then the rest of the world. In order to be an effective person, I must remain firm in my testimony and never forget my beliefs nor can I ever lower my standards for anyone or anything.
I had a really fun time at the Calgary Stampede and The Beach Boys concert. It was great to spend time with my family as well cross a few items of the bucket list.






No comments:
Post a Comment