Missions are a constant hot topic on campus. You can't go a week, a day or even an hour without hearing something having to do with missions. Over 40 people from my YSA ward have gotten calls, many of which are already in the MTC. In my book of Mormon class (200+ students) at least 5 kids would stand every class and say they got a call. I bet it is safe to say that over 85% of that class are going on missions if not more. My chemistry class was no exception. Each class students would stand and say where they got called. Dr. Nielson started to make the tradition that however many people got calls that was how many things we got to blow up that day. However, it didn't last long because there were so many it ended up taking to much time! Constant Facebook posting of people getting calls constantly fill up my home page. The MTC recently announced that it has acquired both Raintree and Wyview housing complexes to to house more missionaries. In addition, 58 new missions have opened. It is so exciting to see it all unfold. God is truly hastening his work and it is wonderful to see so many young people eagerly heeding the call. I am happy to say that I to have started my papers. It took me a long time to decide if it was right for me or not. I really wanted to make sure that it was right for me and I just wasn't going because everyone else was. It took a lot of prayer, fasting, studying and a trip to the temple before I felt it was what the Lord wanted me to do. I feel so good about it. I know that going on a mission is what he wants me to do. I never thought I would go. It is a reassuring testimony to me that God has a plan just for me. I may have an idea of what I want to do or go, but in the end God is in complete control and he will guide me in all that I do as long as I listen. Along with the mission fever, many memes, youtube videos, Mormon Messages, Ensign and New Era articles, talks in church, Devotional talks, and General Conference talks have been focused on missionary work. In his most recent conference talk, Russel M. Nelson coined the phrase "Catch the Wave". He talked about missionary work and how people can be involved. He encouraged people to "Catch the Wave" and indeed get involved in any way they could.
It is such an exciting time to be a young person. I don't mean to be cocky when I say that I believe that there has never been a more chosen generation. Young people today are so strong in testimony and have such a desire to serve. I can't wait to join the ranks! I have all of my papers that I can done except for the health care that I have to do at home. Mom already has my doctor's appoints made for when I get home.
Katelyn has also caught the wave! She has always known that she wants to go on a mission. With the announcement she to fasted and prayed about it to confirm it was right for her. Because she already had decided she was going, she was great help and strength to me as I pondered going. We are going to send our papers off at the send time. Here is her mission picture. Doesn't she just look like a sister missionary?
Love this girl! I can't to serve the Lord together! I am so grateful that I can be alive to see all of this unfold. God is in complete control and doing things according to his timetable. I hope and pray that I can do my part and be actively involved. I want to be the best missionary I can be. I am trying to prepare each and everyday. I pray that where ever I go I can find the people whose hearts the Lord has prepared. I love this Gospel and can't wait to share the joy of it with others.
This song was playing on my itunes as I wrote this. How fitting?! I love this song and wanted to share it.
Army of Heleman
1. We have been born, as Nephi of old,
To goodly parents who love the Lord.
We have been taught, and we understand,
That we must do as the Lord commands.
2. We have been saved for these latter days
To build the kingdom in righteous ways.
We hear the words our prophet declares:
“Let each who’s worthy go forth and share.”
3. We know his plan, and we will prepare,
Increase our knowledge through study and prayer.
Daily we’ll learn until we are called
To take the gospel to all the world.
Chorus
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth




No comments:
Post a Comment